- In early 1970, contrary to popular belief, I successfully pioneered, launched and marketed the first imported Italian pasta to the New York metro market through Shop-Rite Supermarkets/Wakefern Foods, which at the time were the largest and most competitive market and supermarket chain.
- Within two years of my initial launch in the New York metro market with Shop-Rite, I saturated the market in its entirety with distribution in supermarket chains Shop-Rite/Wakefern, Foodtown/Twin County, Grand Union, A & P, Pathmark and others, as well as major food distributors such as White Rose, IGA, Krasdale, Wegman's and others.
This accomplishment was accredited to a great marketing plan, execution, sales performance and the building of good relationships with the major market players.
- By 1981, I had saturated the distribution of pasta in the entire northeastern United States with scattered distribution throughout the southeast. In New England our products could now be found in such chains as Shaw’s, Star Markets, Stop and Shop and others; from Albany to Buffalo we could now be found in chains such as Price Chopper, P & C, Hometown, Tops Markets, Grand Union and others. In Baltimore and Washington DC, we were now in B. Green, Santoni’s, A & P, Giant Foods and others. In the south and southeast, we were now in Bi-Lo, Food Lion, SuperValue, Windixi, Publix and many others.
- On or about the same time, I introduced four new product lines. I rejuvenated the olive oil and tomato sauce business through unique marketing and educational campaigns. The items that I introduced were for 100% pure olive oil products for Extra Virgin Olive Oil products at which point I introduced, for the first time in the United States, a brand new product to this category by inventing, creating and marketing an Extra Light Olive Oil. This was ingenious, ahead of its time, and was in keeping with the new conscious U.S. health kick. Furthermore, I was the first company to market this product as Cholesterol Free and educate the buying and consumer public as to the health benefits of olive oil, how it lowers one's cholesterol and its importance, as well as versatility, in the use with pasta and various affiliated recipes, therefore creating a need, healthy image, and product synergies with the pasta line of products, thus, increasing sales and profitability.
Furthermore, I was the first company to market this product as Cholesterol Free and to educate the buying and consumer public as to the health benefits of olive oil, how it lowers one's cholesterol and its importance and versatility in use with pasta and various affiliated recipes, therefore creating a need, healthy image, and product synergies with the pasta line of products, thus, increasing sales and profitability.
- Within two years of the introduction of my olive oil products within the United States, I placed all these items for distribution in the same supermarket chains and food wholesalers throughout the northeast down through the southeast, therefore causing an immense increase in sales and profitability. By utilizing the same customers, distribution centers, the same chain of distribution and the cooperative cost of advertising, I was able to reduce the cost of goods to market, and at the same time, increase sales and profitability with a larger spectrum of items.
- By 1986, I was the first company to achieve national distribution with my imported Italian pasta and olive oil as well as scattered national distribution with our tomato sauce and salad dressings. My products were distributed in up to 100 supermarket chains and food distributors, with thousands of supermarkets from coast to coast, from Shop-Rite and Pathmark in the northeast to Vons, Alpha Beta and Safeway on the west coast.
Notable Accomplishments from 1985 through 1993:
Achieved distribution of my pasta, olive oil, tomatoes and sauce items, and packaged same for the U.S. Military and distributed these items directly and through military distributors for distribution to government commissaries, military installations, etc.
Achieved national distribution of my products in hotels, restaurants and institutional bulk purchase buyers through distributors Sysco, Flemming and others.
Successfully produced private label pasta and/or olive oil for various supermarket chains as well as the largest food distributors such as Super Value and others.
Jointly created, produced and packaged pasta for companies such as Ragu and Campbell's Soup.
Created, produced and manufactured pasta products for Stouffer Lean Cuisines, Pasta Salads and Entrees for Nestle and Carnation Contadina.
Produced and supplied bulk ingredients, namely, olive oil for TJ Lipton, Seven Seas Salad Dressing and Kraft Salad Dressing.
Jointly created, manufactured, imported and distributed fifty-five to five thousand bulk Extra Virgin Olive Oil to produce Pam spray for American Home/Boyle Midway.
Was nominated the Sole and Exclusive Manufacturer/Importer and Distributor for Kraft/General Foods and Kraft Food Ingredients producing their labels as well as over 100 labels for their customers.
Was awarded and sold $250 million U.S. dollars of pasta to the government of the Soviet Union.
Note: Documentation and contracts available upon request which unequivocally substantiate the above itemized points.
Founded 65 years ago in Nola, Italy, with only five pasta machines. Today... Fasolino produces over 800 million pounds of pasta per year in its fully automated plant.
Fasolino owns its own wheat fields in Italy, providing a continuous supply of high quality durum semolina direct to its factories.
Fasolino uses only the purest water from 300-foot deep Artesian wells...free from chemicals and additives.
Fasolino’s pasta contains no artificial color or added salt.
Fasolino’s pasta contains a lower starch content. After cooking, the water is clear...not cloudy as with other starchy pastas.
Fasolino’s pasta is light and has excellent digestibility.
Fasolino’s packaging is high grade, using a double layered cellophane that is air-tight and allows no humidity to enter. (Box packaging is not air-tight.)